The Industry 4.0 National Technological Platform Association (I4.0 NTP)
The Industry 4.0 National Technology Platform - acting today as the Industry 4.0 National Technology Platform Association - was established May 2016 under the leadership of the Institute for Computer Science and Control (SZTAKI), Hungarian Academy of Sciences, with the participation of research institutions, companies, universities and professional organizations having premises in Hungary, and with the full support and commitment of the Government of Hungary, and specifically that of the then Ministry of National Economy. Today it is operated under the umbrella of the Ministry of Innovation and Technology.
The background of the initiative is that Hungary, too, is witnessing the advent of the era of a new technological change, when the internet based economy is transforming the very basics of the production and logistic systems. This process requires from all actors of the economy, especially from the key firms in the priority sectors defined in the Government’s Irinyi Plan, from the Hungarian institutional innovation ecosystem as well as from the economic policy makers of the Government, to build progressively bridges between the physical and digital worlds, to show a special readiness for innovative adaptation, find answers to challenges in a prompter way than any time before, including bold steps to be made concerning innovation.
Having these factors in view and in order to strengthen the Hungarian achievements attained so far in the field of the global competitiveness, the founders emphasise the necessity of further deepening the existing successful partnership relationships as well as adopting the European best practices, especially the implementation of the German patterns considered as the most advanced in the world. This requires the creation of an action oriented network system fostering intensive cooperation.
Through a successful activity, the Platform should be regarded as the catalyser of performing high added value research and development work in Hungary and an essential tool for preparing the industrial sector for, and adapting it to the requirements of innovation. Finally, the Platform is expected to become a key factor to contribute to the overall success of the national Industry 4.0 programme.
In the focus of the Platform’s activity we find the following goals that are reflected also in its organisational structure and Work Groups’ setup:
- to assist the actors in recognising the paramount importance of the I4.0 paradigm, especially SMEs constitute the target group since they, as being in the supply chain of market leader international manufacturing companies, play a fundamental role in strengthening the competitiveness of the country,
- to propagate the new digitisation technologies,
- to facilitate the development of the digital competencies,
- to provide services in their expertise areas,
- to promote the establishment of pilot lab networks,
- to pave the way for adapting and implementing European, mainly German best practices,
- to elaborate the methodology for assessing the I4.0 maturity of industrial companies that would qualify them when applying for state development grants,
- to contribute to the complete re-focusing of the education system according to the new needs of the industry.
The theoretical and practical problems to be resolved are of such complexity that make the cooperation between the research and university spheres on the one hand, and industrial companies on the other hand, indispensable, both in the national and the international arena. This latter priority is in full accordance with the current European trends.
The Industry 4.0 National Technology Platform Association operates the following Work Groups:
- Strategic Planning
- Employment, Education and Training
- Production, Logistics and Cyber-Physical Pilot Systems
- ICT Technologies (safety, reference architectures, standards)
- Innovation and Business Model
- Legal and regulatory Issues.
The Work Groups’ activities are organised around agreed annual schedules.
Moreover, for its members, in the scope of its activity, the Platform:
- organises thematic Workshops and Meetups,
- offers participation at nationwide professional events like The Days of Industry,
- co-organises the annual competition for the “Factory of the Year” Award,
- promotes B2B networking on information forums in Hungary and abroad,
- carries out I4.0 maturity qualifications for industrial companies (planned).
The attachments below comprise inter alia the following documents:
- The prevailing Articles of Association,
- The definition of the term Industrie 4.0 as approved by the Presidium of the Platform in 3 languages,
- The results of our comprehensive Industry 4.0 (I4.0) readiness survey executed among the Hungarian industry sector actors in an English translation (See Flyer_v3.0_ENG.pdf),
- The links to download the Industry 4.0 INFO@HAND mobile application and its user manual.
Industry 4.0 INFO@HAND application
The Industry 4.0 INFO@HAND application is an easy-to-use tool to access all Platform related information like the partners, work groups, events and news on your smart phone. It also has has some connected services as well.
It can be downloaded to, and run on your iOS and Android phone:
Video tutorial of the application: http://files.elearning.sztaki.hu/demo/2016_IAtH_Ipar_40_video_tutorial.mp4
Download instructions and user guide for the application: http://files.elearning.sztaki.hu/prospektus/2016_IAtH_ipar40_leaflet_EN.pdf